The MBA Tour Terms & Conditions
1. Data Protection.
B. Cross-Border Transfer of Personal Information. I understand that my personal information will be stored, processed and controlled in the United States, which is the primary processing location for TMBAT and its service providers. In addition, I understand that in order to perform its contractual obligations to conduct the event, my personal information may be transferred to the country of the event, and it may be transferred to the countries in which TMBAT’s service providers are located, any of which may not provide for a level of data protection that is equivalent to the one in my home country.
C. Use of Image and Recording. I understand that photograph(s), video, or audio recording(s) of me (collectively, “my image”) may be taken by or on behalf of TMBAT while I am attending an event. By participating in the event, I am granting TMBAT the right to use, publish, and republish my image and any content I provide [BE1] without restrictions and without payment for marketing, promotional, publicity or other business purposes, in any and all media, now known or hereafter created. In addition, I waive the right to inspect or approve versions of my image or content used for publication. TMBAT may, but is not required to, include my name in connection with the image or content. I represent and warrant that TMBAT’s use of any content I provide will not infringe on any third-party intellectual property or proprietary rights, and I hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless TMBAT and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, shareholders, members, representatives, agents, and contractors from any breach thereof.
D. Sharing Data with Business Schools and Other Exhibitors. I understand that TMBAT will share my contact information, and other information I provide at registration, with the business schools attending the event. TMBAT will also share this information with business schools and event exhibitors whom I have allowed them to scan my badge or have otherwise indicated consent for them to contact me about their programs, products and services. If I provide my contact information directly to an exhibitor, the exhibitor may contact me about their products and services.
2. Conduct at Events. I agree that I will present and conduct myself in a professional and courteous manner at all times while attending and participating in TMBAT hosted events. At TMBAT’s request, I agree that I will discontinue using any sound or other devices that TMBAT deems may be objectionable to other event attendees.
3. Use of Virtual Event Platforms and Content.
A. If I attend a virtual event, I understand that TMBAT may use third-party virtual event platform(s), video, audio, and chat platform(s), and other related software platforms (collectively, the “Platforms”) to host the virtual events. I expressly agree that my use of the Platforms is at my own risk. Additionally, I expressly agree that my use of any services and information provided on the Platforms, including, but not limited to, all of the page headers, images, graphics, text, logos, button icons, design, layout, software (including source code), sounds, music, video files, and data (the “Content”) is at my own risk. I specifically waive any claims I may have against TMBAT and its directors, officers, employees, shareholders, members, representatives, affiliates, agents, and contractors arising out of my use of the Platforms or any Content. I acknowledge that any Content downloaded or otherwise acquired through the Platforms is obtained at my own initiative, and I understand I am solely responsible for any damage to my computer system or other devices or loss of data resulting from such Content. I understand that I am responsible for taking all precautions necessary to ensure that any Content I obtain from or provide on the Platforms is free of viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, bots, and other computer programming routines or engines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or information. I acknowledge that neither TMBAT nor any of its directors, officers, employees, shareholders, members, representatives, affiliates, agents, and contractors, nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering any Content on the Platforms makes any guarantees or warranties, express, implied, or statutory, with respect to the Platforms, Content, or any other matter, including, without limitation, warranties regarding the availability of the Platforms and Content, warranties regarding the accuracy or completeness of any Content, warranties that the Platforms and Content will be free of errors, or warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement of third party rights.
B. I agree that I will not record the video or audio content associated with a virtual event, either through the Platforms or using my own devices or applications.
C. I agree that I will comply with all instructions provided by TMBAT and the third-party Platform provider(s) for using the Platforms. I agree that I will not use the Platforms or any Content for any purpose other than to attend and participate in the virtual event and as expressly permitted by TMBAT.
4. Disclaimer. NOTHING IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SHOULD BE CONSTRUED AS A PROMISE OR GUARANTEE ABOUT THE OUTCOME OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ANY EVENT HOSTED BY TMBAT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ADMISSION TO ANY SCHOOL, OR A MEETING WITH ANY PARTICULAR SCHOOL.
5. Limitation of Liability. I understand that TMBAT and its directors, officers, employees, shareholders, members, representatives, affiliates, agents, and contractors shall not be liable to me for any loss, cost, damage, or other injury, of any kind whatsoever, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, arising out of or caused in whole or in part by: (a) my use of, inability to use, or reliance on any part of the Platforms or Content at a virtual event; (b) any errors or omissions in any part of the Platforms or Content at a virtual event; (c) my attendance at and/or participation in any TMBAT events (both in-person and virtual); or (d) TMBAT’s or any other person’s performance of any obligations under or in connection with these Terms. I understand that in no event will TMBAT or any of its directors, officers, employees, shareholders, members, representatives, affiliates, agents, or contractors be liable to me or any third party for any punitive, consequential, direct, incidental, indirect, special, exemplary, or similar damages in connection with these Terms, whether arising out of breach of contract or tort (including negligence), and even if advised in advance of the possibility of such damages. Without limiting the foregoing, if TMBAT or any of its directors, officers, employees, shareholders, members, representatives, affiliates, agents, or contractors is found liable to you for any claims or matters arising under or in connection with these Terms, TMBAT’s aggregate and maximum liability for all such matters and claims shall not exceed the total amount paid by you to TMBAT, if any, for the specific service or product giving rise to such liability. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for certain damages, in which case the liability of TMBAT and its directors, officers, employees, representatives, affiliates, and agents shall be limited in accordance with these Terms to the fullest extent permitted by law. I understand that any suit brought against TMBAT or any of its directors, officers, employees, shareholders, members, representatives, affiliates, agents, or contractors must be filed within two (2) years after the cause of action accrues.
6. TMBAT reserves the right to revise these Terms and Conditions at any time without advance notice, including any license terms. You shall be notified of any revisions by a notice posted on the event website. These Terms and Conditions take precedence over any previous or conflicting Terms and Conditions.