The MBA Tour’s 2022 Candidate Comprehensive Survey Random Draw Official Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. ENTRY INTO THIS PROMOTION CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES. VOID IN ARGENTINA, BELGIUM, BRAZIL, CHILE, COLOMBIA, GERMANY, GHANA, HONG KONG, ITALY, KENYA, MALAYSIA, NIGERIA, THE PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF CHINA, POLAND, QUEBEC, RUSSIA, SAUDI ARABIA, SINGAPORE, SWEDEN, TURKEY, AND THE UNITED ARAB EMIRATES AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- BINDING AGREEMENT.These Official Rules (“Rules”) will provide you with the information you need to successfully enter The MBA Tour’s 2022 Candidate Comprehensive Survey Random Draw (the “Promotion”). These Rules form a binding contract between The MBA Tour, Inc., and you as an entrant into the Promotion. By entering the Promotion or otherwise participating in the activities on the Promotion website, you agree to be bound by these Rules. If you breach a provision of these Rules, you will forfeit your entry into the Promotion. All decisions of Sponsor (defined below) on all matters pertaining to the Promotion are final and binding. If you have questions, please contact Sponsor at email@example.com.
- ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible to enter the Promotion and/or receive a prize, as of the beginning of the Term (defined below), you must: (i) be above the age of majority in your place of residence; (ii) have a valid email address and Internet access; and (iii) submit an entry as described below. Residents of Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Germany, Ghana, Hong Kong, Italy, Kenya, Malaysia, Nigeria, the People’s Republic of China, Poland, Quebec, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sweden, Turkey, and the United Arab Emirates are not eligible to enter or win. Employees, officers, and directors of The MBA Tour, Inc., its parent company, affiliates, franchisees, subsidiaries and agencies, and their immediate families (parents, siblings, children and spouses of each, regardless of where they live) and those living in the households of such employees, officers, and directors (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Promotion or win a prize. VOID IN ARGENTINA, BELGIUM, BRAZIL, CHILE, COLOMBIA, GERMANY, GHANA, HONG KONG, ITALY, KENYA, MALAYSIA, NIGERIA, THE PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF CHINA, POLAND, QUEBEC, RUSSIA, SAUDI ARABIA, SINGAPORE, SWEDEN, TURKEY, AND THE UNITED ARAB EMIRATES AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, national, state/provincial, and local laws and regulations, including applicable economic sanctions and other international trade regulations.
- The Promotion will begin at 9:00AM EST on May 16th, 2022, and end 12:00PM EST on June 10th, 2022 (the “Term”). Sponsor’s computer, or that of its designee, shall serve as the official timekeeper for the Promotion. Participants are responsible for determining appropriate start and end times in their local time zone.
- The MBA Tour, Inc., P.O. Box 2969, Reston, VA 20195, USA, is the sponsor of the Promotion (“Sponsor” or “The MBA Tour”).
- TO ENTER TO WIN. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER TO WIN. To enter the Promotion during the Term, you must submit your entry as follows:
- Complete the survey on your experience with The MBA Tour’s events.
LIMIT: Entry to this Promotion is limited to one (1) entry per person. All entries discovered to have been submitted by the same individual using multiple accounts will be disqualified. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) lost, late, incomplete, invalid, illegible, or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified; (ii) failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions; (iii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, electronic malfunctioning of any network, hardware, or software; or (iv) any error, technical or otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry not in compliance with these Rules.
In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A selected entrant may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry.
- ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS.By participating in the Promotion and submitting your Promotion entry, you agree to communicate for the purposes of this Promotion with Sponsor electronically. By agreeing to do business electronically, you: (i) agree that your consent to these Rules is a binding form of your electronic signature, which you agree binds you to these Rules; (ii) represent that you have Internet access and a valid email address enabling you access to the Promotion website and to receive communications and documents electronically; and (iii) represent that you have a printer or other device to print or otherwise save communications and documents, including, without limitation, these Rules, and that you have, in fact, printed or otherwise saved a copy of these Rules for your records. This consent is effective unless and until you withdraw it. You may withdraw your consent to electronic communication and delivery of documents, update your contact information, or request a free paper copy of these Rules at any time by contacting us as set forth in these Rules. We will send you a confirmation notice once we have processed your change request.
- WINNER SELECTION & NOTIFICATION. On or about May 16th, 2022, Sponsor will conduct a random drawing of all eligible entries to select fifteen (15) potential winners. The potential winners will be notified by Sponsor via email on or about June 10th, 2022. The potential winners will have three (3) business days from notification to claim his or her prize. The prize notification from Sponsor will include instructions on how to claim a prize; failure to follow such instructions may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner from all remaining eligible entries. Some potential winners may be required to complete a mathematical skills test prior to being determined a winner. Sponsor is not liable for unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner. No prize transfer, assignment or substitution by the winner is permitted. Winners are solely responsible for any taxes, fees, duties, and surcharges on the prize. If, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, a potential winner declines the prize, fails to claim the prize or ignores the prize notification, is unavailable for prize fulfillment, fails to abide by the Rules, or is ineligible, Sponsor may select an alternate winner from all remaining eligible entries. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. You, as a participant, agree to: (i) be bound by these Rules; and (ii) the transfer of your personal information and your entry to the United States, where Sponsor’s data processors are located.
All those who meet the eligibility requirements set forth in the “Eligibility” section above and submit an entry as set forth in the “Entry” section above will receive for their participation 10% off GMAT™ Official Guide 2022 E-Book and Online Question Bank. The gifts will be delivered to the recipients via email. The MBA Tour is not responsible for any unsuccessful efforts to contact a participant and/or send a gift. LIMIT: One (1) gift per person. Actual retail value may vary, and The MBA Tour will not award the difference between the ARV and actual value. The MBA Tour reserves the right to substitute a gift of equal or greater value. The MBA Tour is not responsible for any defects or malfunctions associated with any gift and provides NO WARRANTIES other than the manufacturer warranty (if any). Gifts shall not be transferred, assigned, or substituted by the participant. All taxes, fees, duties, and surcharges, if any, on the gift are the sole responsibility of the participants. If any participant declines the gift, fails to claim the gift, is unavailable for gift fulfillment, fails to abide by the Terms, or is ineligible, The MBA Tour reserves the right to decline to fulfill the gift with respect to such participant. If any gift delivery is refused or returned as undeliverable, that gift is forfeited. The email address you provide while submitting your entry will be our primary means of communication with you.
Five (5) potential winners will receive one of the following:
- One (1) set of GMAT Practice Questions 1 (Approximate Retail Value (ARV) USD $30 / €28.46 Euros as of May 11th, 2022)
The total ARV of all prizes potentially awarded is USD $150 / €142.29 Euros as of May 11th, 2022. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Actual retail value may vary, and Sponsor will not award the difference between the ARV and actual value. Sponsor reserves the right to not seek an alternate potential prize winner in the event that the individual originally selected ignores the prize notification, is disqualified or is unable to accept the prize, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash. No prize substitutions are allowed, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prizes become unavailable. Prizes may not be sold, bartered, or exchanged by any winner. All details of any prize not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor. By accepting a prize, each winner acknowledges compliance with these Rules. All tax liabilities arising from this Promotion are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Limit of one (1) prize per person/household. Actual prize may differ from promotional images. Sponsor is not affiliated with Amazon and does not endorse Amazon and any prize(s) provided by Amazon associated with this Promotion.
- LICENSE. Except where prohibited by law, by participating in the Promotion and/or accepting a prize, you grant to Sponsor the right, without limitation, to use your name, city, state, likeness, photo, and/or entry submission for promotional, advertising or other purposes in any media now known or hereinafter developed, including, but not limited to, Sponsor’s website(s) and/or social media account(s), worldwide, without additional compensation or notification.
- RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, MODIFY, CANCEL OR SUSPEND.If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, fulfillment or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and to select the winner(s) by conducting a random drawing from those eligible entries received up to the time of the termination/suspension. Sponsor may also disqualify or prohibit an entrant from participating in the Promotion or winning a prize in this or any other promotion conducted by Sponsor if, at its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant has violated the Rules or has threatened or is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair or abusive practices (including the use of automated quick-entry programs), or is intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor’s representatives. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- RELEASE. Except where prohibited by law, by participating, entrants and winner(s) agree to release Sponsor, its parent company, affiliates, franchisees, subsidiaries and agencies, and each of their respective employees, agents and officers, as well as all others associated with the development and execution of this Promotion (the “Promotion Entities”), from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. The potential winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within the time period specified by Sponsor in the notification. If documents are not timely returned, or if any notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a potential winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Rules, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate potential winner may be selected.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PROMOTION ENTITIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY ENTRANT, PRINTING, TYPOGRAPHICAL OR OTHER ERRORS OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE PROMOTION; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE PROMOTION; (4) PRINTING, TYPOGRAPHICAL, TECHNICAL, COMPUTER, NETWORK OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROMOTION, THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE PRIZES OR IN ANY PROMOTION-RELATED MATERIALS; (5) LATE, LOST, UNDELIVERABLE, DAMAGED, DELETED OR STOLEN ENTRIES; OR (6) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. PROMOTION ENTITIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR MISDIRECTED OR UNDELIVERABLE ENTRIES OR FOR ANY TECHNICAL PROBLEMS, MALFUNCTIONS OF COMPUTER SYSTEMS, SERVERS, PROVIDERS, HARDWARE/SOFTWARE, LOST OR UNAVAILABLE NETWORK CONNECTIONS OR FAILED, INCOMPLETE, GARBLED OR DELAYED COMPUTER TRANSMISSION OR ANY COMBINATION THEREOF.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, AND EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING THE PRIZE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- DISPUTES & CLASS ACTION WAIVER.EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS PROMOTION, THESE RULES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY THE APPROPRIATE FEDERAL OR STATE COURTS LOCATED IN THE COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA, USA; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS PROMOTION, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE RULES, OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE ENTRANT AND SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION, SHALL BE GOVERNED BY, AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES (WHETHER OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA OR ANY OTHER JURISDICTION) WHICH WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF THE LAWS OF ANY JURISDICTION OTHER THAN THE COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA.
- WINNERS LIST.For a complete list of prize recipients, please contact Sponsor at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than June 25th, 2022.
© 2022, The MBA Tour, Inc. All rights reserved. The MBA Tour™ is a trademark of The MBA Tour, Inc., in the United States and other countries. GMAC™ and GMAT™ are trademarks of the Graduate Management Admission Council in the United States and other countries.
Any third-party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third-party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Promotion is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Promotion.
You are providing your information to Sponsor, and the information you provide will only be used in accordance with the Official Rules of this Promotion.